Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Obama-Edwards '08?

Hmmm...

I happened to hear a portion of NPR's "Talk of the Nation" show, featuring an interview with John Edwards.

Asked, predictably, about his willingness to serve as Barack Obama's running mate, Edwards clearly said he'd do it -- or anything else -- if Obama asked him.
I could get behind that. I like the new firebreathing-populist John Edwards.

I am conflicted, however. I would love to see him as VP, primarily to tee him up for the top job in 2016.

But I really want to see him as Attorney General. I want somebody in that job with an uncompromising commitment to social justice. I think Edwards possesses such a commitment.

But at the end of the day, I think America will be a better place with him in the administration no matter where he serves: at the Justice Department or in the OFB (Office of Fourth Branch).

blog comments powered by Disqus