Friday, April 25, 2008

Rush Limbaugh 'dreaming of riots in Denver'

The gasbag tells his audience that riots in Denver, during the Democratic National Convention, would guarantee that the Democratic nominee loses the presidential race.

When callers suggested it’s probably inappropriate for a radio host to call for violence at a political convention, Limbaugh clarified: “I am not inspiring or inciting riots, I am dreaming of riots in Denver.”

He kept going. “There won’t be riots at our convention,” Limbaugh said of the Republican National Convention. “We don’t riot. We don’t burn our cars. We don’t burn down our houses. We don’t kill our children. We don’t do half the things the American left does.”

He concluded, “[R]iots in Denver, at the Democratic Convention, will see to it we don’t elect Democrats. And that’s the best damn thing that can happen to this country, as far as I can think.”

Limbaugh’s website told visitors: “Screw the world! Riot in Denver!”
I wonder when John McCain will be required to reject and denounce Limbaugh over these remarks.

I wonder when Sean Hannity will start demanding that every Republican he talks to condemn Limbaugh's "dreams" of political violence in an American city.

I won't hold my breath.

blog comments powered by Disqus