Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hillary a hit with Hispanics

I'm a steamroller, baby
I'm gonna roll all over you


- James Taylor, "Steamroller Blues"

Uh, oh.

It seems Senator Clinton was quite the sensation at the National Council of La Raza convention.

The New York Times reports:

"You are doing your part to make sure that every child has a special place in the American dream," she said at the National Council of La Raza convention. "But I don't know if your government is doing its part right now to make your job easier."

A thunderous ovation followed, the first of many rounds of applause.

"To me it sounded like a campaign speech," said Nellie Moreno of Phoenix, who said she was surprised that Clinton did not talk about immigration, temporary-worker programs and the border with Mexico. "I was hoping to hear something," she said. America Jones of El Paso said she heard what she wanted. "I hope that she will run, whether it sounded like a campaign speech or not," she said.
This should spark a fresh, seething round of STOP HER NOW-style panic within the GOP.

0 comments: