Monday, August 17, 2009

Rep. Mike Ross (D-AR) is a Deather

Arkansas congressman Mike Ross, whom some say is a Democrat, went on CNN over the weekend and placed himself in the camp of extremists who either believe or claim to believe that health reform equals euthanasia.
 
And for good measure, he even threw in some good, old-fashioned anti-immigrant and anti-abortion rhetoric.
 
I can tell you, I've laid down my set of principles, so I will not force government-run health care on anyone. If there ever is government-run health care, the first ones to sign up should be the president and every member of Congress, including myself. You should be able to keep the insurance you've got today, if you like it, and always choose your own doctor. No federal funding for illegal immigrants or for abortion, and no rationing of health care. I will never vote for a bill to kill old people, period.
 
Ross doesn't even bother with the Republican pretense of referring to "death panels."  He just flat out implies that health reform will "kill old people."  On one hand, I suppose, Ross' declaration is good news.  There is no health reform bill pending in congress that would "kill old people" or realize any of the other fears he expresses, so Ross should have no problem  heartily endorsing a public insurance option.  Of course, I doubt that's what he intended to convey.
 
In what sense can a person like this even be considered a Democrat?

0 comments: