Monday, February 16, 2009

15-year old mother, 13-year old father

This is just tragic.

Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.

He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.

The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: “I thought it would be good to have a baby.

“I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”
Why didn't someone just tell Alfie and Chantelle not to have sex? After all, abstinence is the only sure-fire method of birth control. If someone had just taken the time to tell them to abstain, they certainly would have done so. Right?

Right?

UPDATE

Wrong.

blog comments powered by Disqus