Tuesday, June 17, 2008

'Alex'

I am on the road for a few days, so posting will be sporadic.

However, I did want to put up the "Alex" ad from MoveOn, in case you hadn't seen it.



On Morning Joe, NBC's Chuck Todd called the ad "borderline shameless" and a "sledgehammer on the message" that MoveOn is trying to send.

Nonsense. That ad is a sledgehammer to the bridge of John's McCain's nose, is what it is. And he had it coming. Yes, the ad is brutal, but so is the idea of keeping American troops in Iraq for 100 years.

I have a six-year-old son and a four-month-old son. The invasion of Iraq took place shortly after my elder son's first birthday. Under the Bush/McCain plan, the occupation will still be underway when my boys are of fighting age. John McCain, you are out of your feeble mind if you think either one of my beautiful babies is ever stepping one foot in that hellhole. Over my dead body, John McCain. Over my dead body. And if you don't think I mean that, you try me.

Alex's mom speaks for me, John McCain. She speaks for me and millions of other American mothers and fathers who will lay our bodies on the tracks before letting the troop train leave with our children on board.

blog comments powered by Disqus