Monday, October 22, 2007

'You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.'



I wish the braintrust at NRO would pick up that old dictionary off the floor that they are using as a doorstop, crack it open, and turn to the entry for the word "peace."

NRO: Bush, Cheney deserve Nobel Peace Prize.
Commenting on Vice President Cheney’s latest threat toward Iran, National Review Online’s Tom Gross declares that Cheney and President Bush are “deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize” for their belligerent posturing:

    They are super-mean about them now, but maybe, just maybe, one day peaceniks in America and Europe will recognize George W. Bush and Dick Cheney as the men who prevented World War Three. Surely then they would be deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize?

The NRO’s Kathryn Jean Lopez also encourages Lynne Cheney to run for President.

I mean, look, I am willing to engage anybody in a discussion as to whether Al Gore deserved his Nobel Peace Prize. I think he did, but I recognize that people of good will can disagree on this point.

But to argue that Bush and Cheney have earned one? For starting wars?

I think this would be a good time to stop sniffing glue, folks. Seriously, you'll never get sober until you admit you have a problem. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

0 comments: