Friday, October 05, 2007

Rachel Maddow gets it done

I have loved Rachel Maddow as much as any married man (who truly adores his wife) dares to love a gay woman.

But she has attained new heights of wonderfulness in my eyes as the result of this tour-de-force performance on MSNBC's Hardball. It is nothing less than a master class in the art of winning an argument against lizard-brain conservatives.

Watch as Rachel takes Pat Buchanan to school on the folly of George W. Bush's SCHIP veto.

Particularly enjoyable is when she responds to the hot-button cry of "socialized medicine" by acknowledging that SCHIP is, in fact, socialized medicine, and that it works much better than the private insurance system, and that it should be available to everyone.



Take a lesson, progressives.

1 comments:

LeftLeaningLady said...

That was great, thank you for sharing that. I am against raising cigarette taxes, because it is the poor and uneducated that smokes (and it has been proven that raising prices does not deter). But this program needs to be funded. How about getting rid of Dubya's tax cuts first?

I like her. Well spoken, pretty. If I were gay, I'd try to meet her!