Wednesday, October 31, 2007

National Hospice Month

I cannot think of enough nice things to say about hospice. It is impossible to measure the degree of support they they have provided to my family in the last few years as we have nursed my mother through an illness for which there is neither cure nor treatment.

My vocabulary fails me in the search for the appropriate superlative in praise of the men and women who provide hospice care, so I will let President Bush say it for me.

Hospice care professionals and volunteers are answering a timeless call to love their neighbors as themselves. During National Hospice Month, we recognize these individuals for their strength and compassion. Their efforts make our country a more loving and caring place.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim November 2007 as National Hospice Month. I encourage all Americans to observe this month with appropriate programs and activities. I also ask Americans to recognize our health care professionals and volunteers for their contributions to helping provide comfort and care to those facing terminal illness.
Hear, hear!

0 comments: