Friday, April 06, 2007

Goodling resigns


UPDATED

Hmm... let's see... it's Friday afternoon on a federal holiday weekend. What could be happening?

Oh, that's right! A Bush administration official under fire must be resigning just in time to get the story into the widely-read Saturday edition of the New York Times.

CNN reports that U.S. Attorney Purge Scandal figure Monica Goodling, who distinguished herself by pleading the 5th even before she was put under oath, has resigned. Her letter stated no reason for stepping down.

"I am hereby submit my resignation to the Office of the Attorney General, effective April 7, 2007. It has been an honor to have served at the Department of Justice for the past five years," Goodling said.
I am hereby submit...?

Well, she did get her law degree from Pat Robertson's Regent University.

UPDATE

A CNN screen capture at ThinkProgress quotes Goodling's letter as saying "I am hereby summitting my resignation..."

I don't know which one, if either, is correct, but it is possible that I was sneering at the wrong typo. My bad.

0 comments: