Tuesday, March 20, 2007

'Castrating'

A lot of men would be ashamed to admit that strong, successful women make them feel sexually inadequate. Tucker Carlson is not one of those men.

In searching for a pithy commentary on the mashup of Apple's famous "1984" ad, that presents Hillary Clinton as Big Sister, Tucker reached for the C-word. No, that that C-word. The other one.

"I mean, you've gotta admit, when you watch that, it does get right to heart of people's instinctive problems with Hillary, which don't have to do with policy. It's not like Hillary is some communist or something. You know what I mean? She's no more liberal than [Sen.] Barack Obama [D-IL]. She's more conservative probably in some ways. But there's just something about her that feels castrating, overbearing, and scary."
Actually, Tucky, I don't gotta admit any such thing. I'm mostly okay with Hillary. To the degree that I'm not, it's because of her policies, not because she makes me go all shrinky in the gonads. You gotta start being more careful about what you admit without meaning to. I mean, dude...

0 comments: