Friday, August 18, 2006

Whither The Majority Report?

I guess all those "Support the Show" e-mails on behalf of Sam Seder fell on blind eyes.

Rachel Maddow announced today that her show is moving from the "Air America Mornings" time slot to the 6 - 8 p.m. slot. She says the move happens on September 1.

This would mean that The Majority Report is leaving that time slot, if not leaving the air altogether.

Frankly, I am disgusted. I think Rachel's show is fine, but it is not as interesting or as entertaining as The Majority Report. She did not say anything about the fate of Sam's show or what might replace her program in the morning time slot. I don't know if they are simply working a switch, or what. I hope so.

If not, I can't understand why Air America is treating Sam Seder with such disrespect. They treated Marc Maron in a similarly shabby fashion. It is shameful. Jerry Springer remains on the air, but Marc Maron and Sam Seder are shunted aside? In what universe does that make any sense?

I'll be watching the Air America website for an official announcement.

2 comments:

billie said...

it makes sense in the corporate sense and in the ratings sense. springer is springer. unfortunate but true.

Donnie McDaniel said...

LOL Betmo, right as usual.